Community Cleanup Day
Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8am - 12pm
It’s spring clean-up time again and the Town of Gypsum encourages residents from within town limits only (sorry, this does not include Dotsero and other outlying areas) to bring your unwanted items to the Sports Complex parking lot from 8 am to 12 noon for free dumping.
Join staff and other community members in our roadway & path cleanup
Meet us at 8:00 am at the Sports Complex Baseball Field. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. Volunteers will be treated to doughnuts and coffee (compliments of Vail Honeywagon) before they are teamed up and dispersed through town. We encourage businesses and organizations to form their own teams and join us as well. Following the clean-up, the Town of Gypsum will provide lunch back at the baseball field. CLICK HERE to volunteer! (The Form at this link is only working in Chrome. If you do not have Chrome, please email email@example.com to volunteer. Thank you.)
Dump Site information
- Proof of residency is required upon arrival. Post office boxes are not proof of residency.
- Trinity Recycling will be on hand to take metal and electronic recyclables as well as TVs.
- Laptops, small/mini desktops, and monitors in good condition are being collected as well. These items will be refurbished and sold at the Eagle Valley Community Fund Rummage Sale in September.
- Alliance Record Services will be on site to provide paper shredding services. Paper shredding will be located at the Annex Building next to the Sports Complex.
WE WILL TAKE YOUR DUMP LOAD AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN LINE BY 12:00 PM. Any vehicles that pull in line after 12:00 pm will be directed to take their load to the Eagle County Landfill.
** Eagle County residents may dispose of up to 1600 pounds of trash and 4 tires per year at the Eagle County Landfill via a Free Punch Pass. To obtain a Free Punch Pass you must be able to provide 2 forms of proof of residency at the landfill with physical address only. Post office boxes are not proof of residency. Free Punch Passes may be picked up at the landfill office during normal business hours Monday through Saturday.
For more information about the Eagle County Landfill and Recycling Center CLICK HERE
For seniors and folks with physical disabilities only, the Town of Gypsum Staff will also provide curbside removal of waste items within the town limits. To schedule curbside removal that morning, contact Town Hall at 970-524-7514 by Friday, May 17th before 3 pm.
Acceptable items to dump:
- Bulk items
- Electronic devices
- Tires (maximum of four please)
- Lawn Debris (must be bagged/contained)
- Carpet (must be in rolls no more than five feet in length and two feet in diameter)
- Landscape timbers (must be no longer than three feet in length)
- Refrigerators accepted with PROOF OF FREON REMOVAL must have certificate OR $5 to remove Freon. (Skyline Mechanical)