Youth Talent Show
Location: Lundgren Theater, Town Hall Park, Gypsum, CO
Entry Deadline: Registrations accpted at Town Hall until Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 3pm. NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION.
*No adults may assist in any youth act.
Check-In: 5:15pm, Lundgren Theater, look for check-in tent.
Show Starts: 6:00pm
Equipment Available: CD player, sound system, lighting and 3 microphones will be provided.
Prizes: Trophies and prizes talent categories.
Entry Deadline: Online registration submissions are due no later than Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 3pm
- Participants are responsible for providing their own costumes and props.
- Participants must provide their own music on a CD clearly marked with the appropriate song number and title for the sound crew.
- Participants must check in on time (5:15pm). Failure to check-in on time for the show may result in your act being cancelled.
- Acts are limited to 4 minutes.
- This is a family event. Use of foul language or inappropriate behavior will cause immediate disqualification from the Talent Show.
- Acts may consists of more than one person, however, participants are only allowed to enter as part of one act in one age group. If a group is entered they will have to compete in the age group of the eldest contestant.
Tips for Talent Show Success:
- Take a unique skill or ability you already have and improve on it.
- Cater to your strengths as a performer. This will help you feel more comfortable when you perform and more confident.
- Dress to impress - come up with a unique costume that ties into your act or dress to attract the judges eye.
- Include stage props. Stage props can be as simple as a microphone stand or as complex as confetti raining down from the rafters of the theater.
- Get the audience involved in your act. Often, appealing to your audience will help to get them on your side and impress the judges.
- Practice in front of a mirror.
- Do a mock performance for a group of family and friends.
- Be prepared on the day of the talent show. Perform with passion and attitude.