Youth Talent Show
Friday, July 20, 2018 at 6:00pm
Where do the next great performers originate? Whether it be music, dance, magic, martial arts, or a unique talent, the Gypsum Daze Youth Talent show is the spot to see and hear young local performers step into the spotlight.
Lundgren Theater, Town Hall Park, Gypsum, CO
Online registration submissions accepted until Thursday, July 19, 2018, at 3 pm. NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION.
*No adults may assist in any youth act.
- 12 and under: Best in Show in talent categories - Best Costume, Most Creative, Most Unusual, Stage Presence and The Voice - $50 for each
- Ages 13 - 18: 1st Place $150, 2nd Place $100, 3rd Place $75
ALL PERFORMER CHECK IN: 5:15 pm, Lundgren Theater, look for check-in table, stage right. (NO backstage parking available)
- 12 & under - 6:00pm - Awards to follow
- Ages 13-18 - 7:15pm (appx.) - Awards to follow
Tips for Talent Show Success
- Take a unique skill or ability you already have and improve on it.
- Cater to your strengths as a performer. This will help you feel more comfortable when you perform and more confident.
- Dress to impress - come up with a unique costume that ties into your act or dress to attract the judges eye.
- Include stage props. Stage props can be as simple as a microphone stand or as complex as confetti raining down from the rafters of the theater.
- Get the audience involved in your act. Often, appealing to your audience will help to get them on your side and impress the judges.
- Practice in front of a mirror. Do a mock performance for a group of family and friends. Receive feedback and improve your act.
- After you perform for family and friends, you should ask them for feedback and listen patiently to what they have to say.
- Be prepared on the day of the talent show.
- Perform with passion and attitude.