Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)

Do you live in Gypsum and have a mother-in-law suite, basement apartment or residential unit on your property other than the main residence? Then you have an ADU or Accessory Dwelling Unit. The Community Development office is now accepting ADU permit applications for existing and new ADUs.  

Properties by Zone
Property owners of ADUs that were in use prior to adoption of this Section 18.10.040 ("Existing ADUs"), must submit an application for an ADU permit pursuant to ZONE schedule.  Click for ZONE SCHEDULE

Join us for an OPEN HOUSE on SATURDAY, JULY 8TH, from 9 AM to 12 PM.  The Community Development and Buildings staff will be on hand to answer questions and assist residents with completing permit applications.  

For more information visit the ADU INFORMATION PAGE