ROUNDABOUT CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE
The following schedule is approximate and subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
PHASE I (March through Mid-April)
- Siting and locating of all water/gas/power/sewer fiber lines.
- Clearing of brush and trees at the intersection of Valley and Cooley Mesa roads.
- Closure of Vicksburg Lane between Valley Rd. and Black Bear will be done as needed for excavating for power lines.
- For pedestrian safety, construction crews are closing the bike path on the east side of Valley Rd. to the intersection of Cooley Mesa, and then the west side south of Cooley Mesa.
- Excavating will cross Valley and Cooley Mesa Roads starting 3/22/19 and through the following week (Eagle County School Districts’ Spring Break.) During this crossing Valley Rd will be one lane only.
- Valley Rd water & sewer crossing, drainage pipe installation, and retaining wall construction will mark the end of phase I.
PHASE II (Mid-April through Mid-July/Gypsum Daze)
- Once all overhead electric is retired, fill material will arrive, and sidewalk and paving prep will be done.
- Vicksburg to reopen to all traffic.
- Paving of the roundabout will mark the end of phase II and the opening of the roundabout to all traffic in all directions.
PHASE III (Mid-July through July 31st)
- Punch list completion by Ewing Construction.
PHASE IV (August & September)
- New contractor doing the landscaping.
Further updates, traffic alerts, detours, and road closures will be made via the Town of Gypsum website, Facebook/Twitter, the local TV channel and E-mails. To join our E-mail list please visit the homepage and subscribe to “All Things Town of Gypsum."