ROUNDABOUT CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE
The following schedule is approximate and subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
PHASE I (March through April)
- Completed the underground utilities, retired the overhead electric, and starting fill for the detours.
PHASE II (May through July 18/Gypsum Daze)
- The road structure will be excavated, placed and fill material will be added to prepare for concrete and paving.
- Traffic control will be changing every few days as new paths are needed to keep vehicles out of the fill sites and fresh concrete areas.
- Paving, striping, & signage of the roundabout will mark the end of phase II and the opening of the roundabout to traffic in all directions.
PHASE III (July 22 through July 31st)
- Punch list completion by Ewing Construction.
PHASE IV (August & September)
- New contractor doing the landscaping.
Further updates, traffic alerts, detours, and road closures will be made via the Town of Gypsum website, Facebook/Twitter, the local TV channel and E-mails. To join our E-mail list please visit the homepage and subscribe to “All Things Town of Gypsum."