It is the Town of Gypsum's goal to preserve and enhance our community quality of life and the natural environment, and to promote the development of economic vitality and diversity.
- Step 1: Your Pre-Application: Pre-application is a preliminary review meeting based on a conceptual development proposal; it is an opportunity for you to learn and get feedback from town planning and review/inspector.
- Step 2: Your Formal Application: The pre-application meeting will help you determine which forms to prepare and if your application is ready for submittal.
- Step 3: Development Review: The formal review process will determine if your project is ready for a decision. (Commercial building permits can take between 3-6 weeks to process depending on the size and use of the build)
- Step 4: Construction Now: It’s time to begin construction. (Please keep in mind any physical updates to build must be documented on project plans and reported to the Building Department)
For questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Buildings Department 970-524-7688
Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning in the Town of Gypsum is the responsibility of the Community Development Department staff to assist the public in processing land use applications to the Town, presenting materials to the Planning Commission and Town Council, monitoring the progress of developments, and guiding growth and appearance of our community.
The Town of Gypsum Building Department is pleased to offer online Meritage Systems ContractorConnect Online Permitting. You can now submit your building permit application right from your office, home or mobile device.
- Town of Gypsum Municipal Code (Title 15 Buildings and Constructions)
- 2015 International Codes
- 2014 National Electric Code