The Building Department handles all matters regarding construction in the Town of Gypsum.
You will need to obtain building permits when planning or building a new home, adding any building to your existing home or even starting a home improvement project such as finishing a basement or adding a deck or patio. Please see below to determine the type of permit(s) that you will need.
NEW! Meritage Systems Online Permitting
The Town of Gypsum Building Department is pleased to offer online Meritage Systems ContractorConnect Online Permitting. You can now submit your building permit application right from your office, home or mobile device.
REGISTER ONLINE: mypermits.meritagesystems.com.
To get started CLICK HERE for step by step instructions.
**IMPORTANT**: If you have submitted permit applications previously at the Gypsum Building Department office please ensure you set up the online system with the e-mail already on file. Utilization of a different e-mail may cause data access delays. Questions? Contact the Building Department 970.524.7688 M-F, 8 AM to 5 PM.
Convenience at your fingertips:
- One-time Registration
- Guided Application Process
- Upload Plans and Documents
- Review Application Status
- Easy online Fee Payments
- Request Project Inspection
- Access Permit History
Building Guides / Permits
International Residential Code 2015
Prospective Builders Instructions
Step 1: Residential Forms
Addition Guide - Spanish
Basement Finish Guide
Basement Finish Guide - Spanish
Garage Guide- Spanish
Patio Guide - Spanish
Enclosed Patio Guide
Enclosed Patio Guide - Spanish
Uncovered Decks Guide
Uncovered Decks Guide - Spanish
Roof Guide - Spanish
Step 3: Inspections
Please contact Stephanie (970)524-1731 to schedule your building inspection(s).
Inspections are performed Monday - Friday (AM or PM appointments).
Inspections must be scheduled by 4 PM (MST) on the day prior to an inspection request.
Be prepared for inspection(s):
- Permit sign must be posted, and the approved plans on the job site.
- Residential inspections require that all rough inspections and final inspections are required to be completed at the same inspection.
- Rough Inspections: framing, rough electrical, rough mechanical and rough plumbing
- Final Inspections: building, final electrical, final mechanical and final plumbing