Trash & Recycling
The Town of Gypsum provides *residential and commercial trash service.
Trash is picked up on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Your scheduled pickup day can be verified by calling 970-524-5024.
If you prefer, you may contract with another trash service provider.
*Town of Gypsum trash service not available in Buckhorn Valley, Sky Legend, Hardscrabble, Brightwater Subdivisions, Stratton Flats and Quail Run.
Some important reminders about Town of Gypsum trash pickup:
- Trash containers must be the Town of Gypsum issued containers. The 90 gallon residential containers are available for an $80.00 User Fee. Larger dumpsters are also available and User Fees differ for each.
- Trash must be placed in the container. Trash left on the ground or that is too large for the container will not be picked up.
- Lids on the containers must be closed. Trash will not be picked up if the lid is open.
- It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure that all trash is in the trash can. Any trash that is on the ground is the resident's responsibility to pick up.
- Keep vehicles and other objects from blocking trash containers. Containers must be 3 feet from any object. If the truck is unable to reach the container, it will not get picked up. Our drivers will not get out of the vehicle.
- No construction (wood, drywall, concrete, etc.) or hazardous materials (paint, oil, etc.) may be placed in container. Motor oil can be recycled at the Town Shop on Cooley Mesa Road.
- Weeds and grass clippings must be bagged. No tree branches are accepted.
- Containers must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on scheduled pickup day. The arrow on the container lid must point toward the street. Please remove containers from the curb within 24 hours after pickup.
- Additional trash pickup service is available and will be charged in addition to your monthly fee.
- Senior citizen trash rates available for 65 and over. A central location, at the north end of Oak Ridge Dr., is set up to accept recyclable materials, which local residents can transport themselves.